Friday, August 5, 2011

Post-It Note holder for my desk




I first saw this adorable post-it note holder on another blog, Red Heads Craft More Fun.





She used the 3.5x5 size acrylic picture frame. I used the 4x6 size, basically because when I was at Hobby Lobby I couldn't remember what size she used. But it ended up working out fine. Instead of standing the frame up, you lay it down. I cut a piece of zebra print scrapbook paper to go inside.











Then I attached some red ric trim to the top and bottom of the frame. Ideally I should have done this using a glue gun, but mine is at school. First I tried using mod podge. The top strip worked, but the bottom one didn't. Weird! Then I tried some all purpose craft glue. It didn't work either. Then I found some spray adhesive from when I made tile coasters several years ago, but it wouldn't spray. Argh! Then I remembered this die cut adhesive I had. I laid the ric rac on the adhesive. When you pick it up, it's sticky like a sticker on the bottom. Finally, this worked!








I applied a little clear nail polish to the edges of the ric rac so it wouldn't fray. Not sure if this will work but I figured it was worth a try.








Then I put the zebra paper in the frame and attached stickers to spell out my name. Unfortunately the stickers I had were white and didn't show up all that well. Here it is with my name and the blue post it notes stuck on top...








I added a strip of black paper inside so the white letters would pop. Here is the final product. I think this will look very cute sitting on my desk this year!




1 comment:

  1. Cute, Mandy! Wish we were closer & could craft together!

    ReplyDelete